Do you know how to care for your teeth when wearing braces? When implementing your brushing and flossing routine while wearing braces, exercise caution and brush slowly and safety to avoid accidentally destroying them. Because flossing can be difficult with braces, it may be a good idea to add an additional level of treatment such as mouthwash. In addition, follow these important tips to keep your braces clean and durable:
– While wearing braces, you still need to brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily.
– Always attend any orthodontic examinations that you have with your orthodontist.
– Always take the time to clean your retainer and keep it away from bacteria and contamination.
– Always wear safety equipment when playing contact sports or doing high-risk activities, including mouth guards, face masks, helmets, and any other safety gear that is required to protect your mouth.
– Sidestep foods and snacks that can get easily stuck in between your braces and teeth, including chewy candies, hard or tough foods and snacks, and various types of nuts.
– If any wires break or snap off your braces, conceal the broken end with a piece of wax and call your orthodontist immediately.
If you would like to learn more about orthodontic treatments with Liang Orthodontics, contact us at our office in Potomac, Maryland. Our number is 301-983-3132. Dr. Christopher Liang and our entire team look forward to your visit!