Malocclusions, also commonly referred to as “bad bites”, refer to various types of misalignments within your teeth and jaw. For a list of some common malocclusions as well as some brief definitions, see the list below:
– Crossbites happen when the lower jawbone protrudes out farther than the upper jawbone.
– Rotation malocclusions come about when the teeth rotate out of their proper alignment.
– Underbites (or bulldog teeth) occur when the lower incisors protrude out further than the upper incisors.
– Spacing malocclusions happen when there are overcrowded teeth or large gaps among teeth.
– Open Bites happen when upper and lower incisors are disconnected while biting down.
– Overbites (or buck teeth) come about when your upper incisors protrude out farther than your lower incisors.
– Transposition malocclusions happen when your teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong place.
– Misplaced midlines occur when the center of your upper incisors or front teeth do not correctly align with the center of your lower incisors.
Liang Orthodontics can help you with all your needs. For a full diagnosis from Dr. Christopher Liang and our team at our orthodontic office in Potomac, Maryland, you can book an appointment by calling us at 301-983-3132. We look forward to hosting your smile.